Board Meeting Highlights - September 22, 2016
The Prairie Land Regional Division #25 trustees assembled on Thursday, September 22, 2016 for the Board annual organizational meeting. Trustees accepted specific roles and responsibilities for the upcoming school year as follows:
- M. Tkach was elected Board Chair, and H. Smith elected Vice-chair.
- Negotiating Committee – E. Brinkman, H. Smith, M. Tkach
- Discipline Committee – L. Cawiezel, J. Hill & A. Warwick
- Scholarship Committee – L. Cawiezel, J. Hill, & A. Warwick
- Executive Committee – E. Brinkman, H. Smith , & M. Tkach
- Support Staff Liaison Committee – J. Hill & H. Smith
- Board-ATA Liaison Committee – J. Hill & A. Warwick & M. Tkach (alternate)
- Aboriginal Committee – D. Hansen
- Alberta School Boards Association Zone 5 representative – M. Tkach/E. Brinkman (alternate)
- Public School Boards Association of Alberta representative – H. Smith/A. Warwick (alternate)
- Teachers Employer Bargaining Association (TEBA) – M. Tkach.
The Board congratulates and thanks trustees for assuming these roles and for accepting the responsibilities they necessitate.
The Board meetings will be held on the fourth Thursday of each month at 10:00 a.m. at PLRD central office. November and May will be exceptions where two Board meetings will occur. The 2016-2017 Board meeting scheduled can be seen at http://www.plrd.ab.ca/Meeting%20Dates.php .
PLRD Junior High Retreat
On September 19 & 20, 2016 the junior high leadership retreat was hosted at Altario School. There were nine schools participating with 190 students in attendance. Each school team was immersed in strategies of leadership and tasked with the development of a school based project to implement within their school over the course of the year. The retreat was very positive and a great way to start the year with the junior high students from across the division. The retreat will be held at Berry Creek Community School next fall.
ASBA Premier’s Award Nomination – Radio Hanna
Radio Hanna representatives Sean and Jennifer McCormick along with Nathan Limpert (J.C. Charyk student), presented to the Board on the Radio Hanna program. Radio Hanna would like to differentiate the schools in PLRD #25, from schools elsewhere in the province, and make our school communities an attractive place for students desiring a technologically advanced education that imparts superior communication skills. Over the course of the 2016-2017 school year, Radio Hanna will become an integral program in each of our school communities. Radio Hanna will be broadcasting at the division professional development day to be held on September 30, 2016 at J.C. Charyk Hanna School.
For additional information please contact: Cam McKeage, Superintendent of Schools, Prairie Land Regional Division #25 403.854.4481