Board Meeting Highlights - October 31, 2017
The Prairie Land Regional Division #25 trustees assembled on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 for the Board annual organizational meeting. Trustees accepted specific roles and responsibilities for the upcoming school year as follows:
- H. Smith was elected Board Chair, and M. Tkach elected Vice-chair.
- Negotiating Committee – S. Battle, H. Smith, M. Tkach
- Discipline Committee – L. Bond, S. Davies & B. Davis
- Scholarship Committee – L. Bond, B. Davis, & G. Hampton
- Executive Committee – T. Burns, H. Smith , & M. Tkach
- Support Staff Liaison Committee – S. Battle & G. Hampton
- Board-ATA Liaison Committee – T. Burns & M. Tkach & B. Davis (alternate)
- Health & Wellness Committee – S. Davies
- Aboriginal Committee – L. Bond
- Alberta School Boards Association Zone 5 representative – G. Hampton/M. Tkach (alternate)
- Public School Boards Association of Alberta representative – S. Davies/H. Smith (alternate)
- Teachers Employer Bargaining Association (TEBA) – M. Tkach
- Rural Caucus Committee – T. Burns & S. Battle (Alternate)
The Board congratulates and thanks trustees for assuming these roles and for accepting the responsibilities they necessitate.
The Board meetings will be held on Tuesdays, either the third or fourth Tuesday of each month at 10:00 a.m. at PLRD central office. November and May will be exceptions where two Board meetings will occur. The 2017-2018 Board meeting scheduled can be seen at http://www.plrd.ab.ca/Meeting%20Dates.php .
PLRD Inclusivity Project Presentations
On October 23, 2017 PLRD hosted the Inclusivity Project presentations at J.C. Charyk Hanna School. Four teams of students presented to judges, Minister of Education, PLRD Board of trustees and staff, mayors of numerous PLRD municipalities, parents, and students. The four presentations in the final judging were entitled Bocce Ball for All, Chalkboard Messages, Challenge for Change, and Taboo Talks. The winning team was Bocce Ball for All, which had Delia and Morrin School students working together. Congratulations to all students who entered in an effort to affect change in a positive and productive way within their school, and community.
Minister of Education Meeting
The Board met with the Minister of Education on October 23, 2017 to discuss items Education Legislation, Bill 1, Curriculum Review, program funding and sparsity regarding transportation.
For additional information please contact: Cam McKeage, Superintendent of Schools, Prairie Land Regional Division #25 403.854.4481